What is the difference between a Psychic & a Medium?
- Generally, the word “psychic” describes a wide range of senses and perceptions which exceed our usual five physical senses of sight, hearing, taste, touch and smell.
- A Psychic - Receives information about events and people from the vibrational energy of a person, place, or thing. A psychic can “read a person’s energy” and may perceive past, present or future events in that person’s life.
- A Medium - Communicates directly with Spirits. Every Medium possesses psychic ability but not every psychic possesses Mediumistic ability.
- The session at which translation of this vibrational energy into recognizable information may take place is commonly known as a ‘Reading’. It may also be referred to as ‘Discernment’. To discern is to perceive or recognize and that is what a Medium does.
Who should I see, a Psychic or a Medium?
- If a person wants to know what is going on in his or her life, consulting a Psychic would be best. If the person is seeking communication with or from a person or loved one who has passed on, then a Medium would be the best choice.
- Dick Buchanan is both Psychic and a Medium. His specialization is Spirit Communication. As such, he is not a “fortune teller.” Spirits are able to see past, present and future because a Spirit is not hindered by a physical body or by the limitations of a finite existence of living in the material world. On occasion Spirits will reveal future events, but that is up to the Spirit, not the Medium. It appears that from a Spirit’s perspective that the prediction of future events is of little importance. This may be because time as we understand it does not exist on the Other Side and as humans we have 'free will' so our choices can easily change future events. A spirit is an immortal living being and as such exists in an infinite state. Humans exist in a finite state, and the “future” which we tend to worry so much about is of little concern to Spirits who have a perspective we cannot even begin to comprehend.
What is the purpose of Spirit Contact?
- Spirit contact helps to validate our belief that God exists, Heaven / the Other Side exists and our Souls are immortal living Spirits. The 'Other Side' or 'Home' are terms used to describe Heaven or the Afterlife. We can communicate with these Spirits and we will be reunited with our loved ones when it is our time to cross over. One of the primary purposes of Spirit Communication is healing and resolution. For those suffering from the loss of a loved one, being able to contact them can be an important therapeutic step in the journey through grief.
Is contacting a spirit frightening?
- Spirit contact is a conversation with someone you love. The Spirit who loves you is not going to upset you. A loved one in Spirit wants you to be happy and at peace with that person’s crossing to The Other Side or back Home. Love transcends physical death & the last thing a Spirit wants is to cause fear. It has been my experience that Spirits want to help you heal, to help you to forgive or attain forgiveness and to resolve any issues that remain with the person in Spirit.
- Many fictional movies and books have portrayed spirits as scary entities. Such portrayals are used for entertainment purposes and to boost sales. Spirit contact through a legitimate Medium can be a very healing, uplifting and wonderful experience.
Can contact with a Spirit through a Medium help me get through the grieving process?
- Spirit contact can help in your healing process. Coping with the loss of a loved one is something no one wants to deal with though unfortunately at some point in our lives we all must face this. Finding the right path through grief is essential to healing.
- A Reading or Discernment can help you to make a connection with a loved one who has crossed over but Spirit contact will not take away the pain of what happened. For some people it can be an important step in the healing process.
What do you do as a Medium?
- A Medium facilitates a connection between someone here (you) and a Spirit on the Other Side. A legitimate Medium like Dick Buchanan does not conjure or summon Spirits. A Medium connects with a Spirit who chooses to be perceived or ‘comes forward’ to talk with the Medium. The Spirit of a loved one is fully capable of communicating; and if that Spirit wants to communicate, the Spirit will adjust his or her vibrational frequency so the Medium can communicate with the Spirit.
How do I approach a reading?
- When you go to a Medium for a reading it is perfectly natural to be excited and a bit nervous. It is best to try to be relaxed and put your mind at ease. This creates a much more positive atmosphere making it easier for the Spirit to make contact. Try to schedule the reading so it will be the only major thing you do that day. If you can, take the day off. You will want some time to process and internalize the information as well as the messages received. It often takes time to recognize the relevance of what a Spirit will convey.
How is the reading conducted?
- Readings can be conducted in person or over the telephone and both are equally effective. Dick Buchanan refers to the person receiving the reading as the client. Other than the client’s name and appointment time, Dick does not want to know anything specific about the client. The reason for this is to ensure the information which comes through during the reading is coming from the Spirit and not influenced by what he may know or think ahead of time.
- The Spirit will give information to Dick and he will give that to the client. Dick may perceive this information in the form of visual symbols, images, auditory messages, mini movies and physical sensations.
- The client doesn’t have to do anything other than listen, take notes and enjoy. Dick Buchanan may ask the client some yes or no questions to verify the identity of the Spirit or confirm the information as it comes through. Your session can be recorded onto a CD.
Can I ask questions during the reading?
- Do not expect your issues and concerns to be immediately addressed by Spirits. Even though you may want to bring along a list of questions or you may hope to hear from a specific person or persons, this is not always the best approach. Every reading is unique and that is important to understand. Sometimes Spirits will ‘open up’ for questions whereas other times they won’t. It might be better to go into the reading with no expectations and let the information which comes through the Medium to unfold at its own pace.
How do Spirits transmit information?
- Spirit Communication is not quite the same as texting or instant messaging. Spirits are pure energy who vibrate intelligent concepts to the Medium through frequency transfer. These intelligent concepts are pieces of evidence. Evidence of the identity of a Spirit comes in many ways. It could be by physical description of the person while alive, cause of passing, shared memories with that person, personality profile, name, significant dates, or an awareness of things happening in your life since the person passed. Do not volunteer information but be prepared to verify these pieces of evidence so the Medium can proceed to give you the messages the Spirit needs to communicate to you.
What is my role during a reading?
- It is your role to validate the information the Medium presents from a Spirit. Be respectful of the Medium and let him know when he is correct and do not try to confuse him. Many pieces of information which come through during a Reading may not make sense to you right away and this is normal.
- Don’t be so quick to say ‘no’ when something is communicated through a Medium. Instead, take it under advisement and give yourself time to reflect upon the information. Do not talk over, interrupt or argue with the Medium or insist things be done your way. This creates unnecessary tension with the Medium and may very well result in termination of the Reading.
- It is also very important to be open and honest during the session. Please avoid playing “Test the Psychic” or try to stump and confuse the Medium. It is counterproductive to the Reading and is disrespectful to both the Medium and the Spirits as they are very sensitive to our behavior and intentions. Let the Spirits come through on their own and let the information transmitted by them to the Medium flow naturally.
What if I want to know about my future?
- Many approach a Reading wanting to know about their future. Spirit contact isn’t about prophecy, fortune telling or getting rich. It’s about guidance and healing. Prediction is possible, but it is you—not a Spirit—who has the decision making power to affect your own future.
What should I do after a Reading?
- After a Reading it is best to do something relaxing. You may want to sit quietly or go for a walk. You may even want to indulge in some comfort food. Give yourself a break from stress and tension and let the messages from the Other Side settle in. It often requires days and sometimes even weeks for you to receive the maximum benefit of the information presented during a Reading.
After the death of a loved one, when I felt that person’s presence around me, is that real?
- Spirits often try to get a message across from the Other Side. When you sense the presence of a deceased loved one this is commonly referred to as a ‘Contact Experience’. Contact Experiences are real and many people have them. Some Contact Experiences may occur in dreams. Other people report Contact Experiences such as seeing or hearing a loved one who has passed, unexplained electrical phenomena, or objects of a sentimental nature which are somehow connected to the deceased loved one being moved with no rational explanation of how that object was relocated.
I’ve wanted to feel the presence of a deceased loved one around me but I haven’t. Why is that?
- During bereavement, it is not unusual to be overwhelmed by pain and sadness. Grieving is an emotionally and physically draining process. Many times these negative emotions and feelings can interfere with or even block a person’s spiritual receptivity. Spirits never want a loved one to suffer so they will reach out to the loved one here.
- Spirit contact though can be very subtle and unless you know what to look for it can be easy to overlook the contact. Sometimes, the assistance of a Medium may be necessary and this is where Dick Buchanan can help.